Planning for your family’s future after your gone is an important, yet often ignored, legal task.
If you take the time now to consider your estate plan, make a proper Will and Testament, create a Trust, if advisable, you can save your family not only stress, but money in what will undoubtedly be a difficult time for them.
Estate planning can encompass the following:
- Understanding estate and probate laws
- Planning for future incapacity, including the execution of a Health Care Proxy and Power of Attorney
- Discussing an estate plan that maximizes the inheritance for your family
- Creating and inter vivos and/or a testamentary trust
- Selecting an executor, trustee or guardian
- Utilizing different planning tools to minimize the possibility that your will is contested and subject to litigation
- Review estate tax laws (both federal and NYS) and other financial concerns
Contact the office find out more or to arrange a consultation.